Allied Cultures is a volunteer-based organization and welcomes support to our cause through volunteer opportunities. Below are several of the opportunities currently available:
- Establish their own recommendations for books and articles that can contribute to issues surrounding diversity, racism, discrimination, prejudice, ethnic awareness or study, multiculturalism, et al.
- Create summaries of these books (and articles) that are short but succinct. These summaries became the sole property of Allied Cultures and can and will be used for a future “bibliography collection” to be used in print and on our website www.alliedcultures.org
- Create summaries of recommended books from the Executive Director and the Board of Directors as needed. The volunteer would be asked to read roughly one new book every two weeks and write a submitted summary of it to the Executive Director. It is preferred that the volunteer reads and writes a summary of articles on a weekly basis, as needed or requested.
- Provide ideas and techniques for a sound marketing strategy for Allied Cultures and its programs.
- Create (and/or advise for) fundraising initiatives and campaigns.
- Provide feedback on website construction and design.
- Research for cost-effective use of all in-kind donations.
- Research the different avenues through which Allied Cultures can advertise. Obtain quotes.